Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Gift


Someone today posted a tweet on the best part of 2010. Mine was easy. This year has been quite a radical change. Ministry has taken a turn. The kind of turn that is not just positive - it has been electrofying. You see this year is the biggest turning point for a family that Rhonda and I are discipling. I've watched an alcoholic and drug addict come totally clean. No alcohol since December of last year. I watched as first daughter and now son have come to the Lord. I've baptized the parents and can't wait to baptize the kids. There's more to come - that's for sure. There is still drug addictions to overcome in the family and together we are believing for miracles. One is headed to a teen challenge in the next few weeks and the other is so deep in meth that it seems an impossible task. But with the Lord - "Nothing is impossible." I've seen such a hunger for the Word of God in this family that it puts my Bible study to shame. Their life change fuels me to continue on and to reach out and pour myself into others. There is hope in this world. This year Rhonda and I along with our daughter Melissa had a very meager Christmas. We decided we would rather bless others and we did. So what's the payoff? I have the greatest satisfaction that I made someone else's Christmas the best Christmas ever. That's enough. Would you like to make a difference in someone else's life? You have to be willing to pour yourself out, be transparent (real), be willing to put others before yourself. Is it possible to balance all this and maintain healthy family relationships? I do, and I work two jobs. My life is all wrapped up in helping others find their place in the Kingdom of God and their place in ministry. 2010 was a great year and I believe 2011 will be even better. Watch and see.

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment