Monday, February 14, 2011

Haiti 2011

In just a few weeks I'll be headed once again to Haiti. I've looked forward to this return trip for a year now. There is much to do for the people of Haiti. The task seems so overwhelming. It is difficult to choose where to begin. And of course looking from the outside in the obvious must be the government. The government is not getting the funds promised primarily because there is no guarantee that money sent will go to its intended use. In other words will all of this money disappear into foreign bank accounts and the corruption continue to spiral out of control. That said, all I can do is what God has placed on my heart to do and that is spend time with Mission of Hope, helping them in whatever capacity they need. This is my destination and my purpose. The people at Mission of Hope are so warm and receptive and I can't wait to see my friends. Four weeks and counting.

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment