Sunday, March 21, 2010

Haiti

It's Sunday, March 21st and I'm getting ready to go to bed. Today Kari Jobe was in concert at Woodlake Church and she did an outstanding job. Tomorrow marks a new day for Woodlake Church; I along with ten others embark on the first Mission's trip in a long, long time. I suspect it will be life changing. I'm counting on that - not only for me but my wife and the other ten faithful members of our team. We are headed to Mission of Hope Haiti. I don't have to tell you the devestation that Haiti suffered because of the earthquake. Last November our church made a commitment to plan 5 trips for 2010. I told the Lord, I'd really like to go to Ireland of Romania and I really didn't want to go to Haiti. About a week later our Lead Pastor called and asked me and my wife to head up the team to Haiti. I knew it was the Lord and I knew I didn't really have a choice. Then the earthquake hit and there was a lot up in the air. However - the airport is open and we are a go and we are going and loving on people and helping the Mission with whatever needs to be done. Our team is excited and prepared for whatever the Lord leads us to do. Checkback and I will update this blog as I can with updates.

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment