Monday, February 8, 2010

The Investment


The greatest legacy one may leave for this world is investing in others. I've never quite understood why like musicians have trouble working or functioning together. I suppose it all has to do with Ego. There is one thing for certain that I can say about musicians; there will always be someone that doesn't play as well as you do and there will always be someone that plays better than you do! I am certain of it. My producer and friend was the late Larry Dalton. Larry was probably the most gifted and talented individual I've every met. However, Larry was a very humble person and I found he could talk to just about anyone about anything. When he played, he played with authority and with grace. He exemplified everything that I ever want to be as a musician. Larry produced my first CD and I was looking forward with great anticipation to start our next project when the Lord called him home. I miss Larry but I also know I have a responsiblity to make myself available to musicians that want my help and expertise. Mentoring is everyone's responsibility and I love Investing into the lives of others. Thank you God for Larry Dalton and for his influence in my life.

mike

No comments:

Post a Comment